PhD in Nursing Course Details
PhD Nursing is a studies degree program, the period of which level from 3 years. This course includes studies withinside the discipline of Nursing for the betterment of Health care facilities.
PhD in Nursing Eligibility Criteria
The applicants have to have completed Post graduation M.Sc./ M.Phil. in Nursing or another equal field from a recognized university with a mixture of at least 55% marks.
The applicants who've handed a degree in General Nursing and Midwifery from any organization recognized with the aid of using the Indian Nursing Council also are allowed to sign up for furnished they have got enough expert experience.
The applicants should be medically fit.
Course Details of PhD in Nursing
Course Full Form
Syllabus of PhD in Nursing
Nursing leadership in the Health Care delivery system
A. Current health issues and policies
1. Analysis of current health problems–national & global
2. A health care delivery system in India
3. National health policy, population policy and alternative systems of medicine
4. Health policy issues relevant to nursing practice–Development of nursing services in health policy
5. The functions and roles of law in health care delivery–Existing legislation related to nursing. Laws for new and emerging roles (e.g.) Nurse practitioner, private practice (nursing homes)
6. Social system and health policy
7. Politics & health policy–Lobbying for the development of the nursing profession
8. Health economics and health policy (Economics of health care and nursing)
9. Health insurance
B. Nursing Leadership
1. Leadership theories
2. Nursing leadership and decision making
3. Nursing leadership and change process
4. Human resource planning and management by nurse leaders
5. Profession building in the health care system–Advocacy, Lobbying
6. Nursing ethics-Code of ethics, professional conduct for nurses in India-Nursing standards, nursing practice, standards and quality assurance
7. Human relations-Valuing human beings
8. Communication skills
C. Nursing informatics
Nursing management information system, Networking institutions through a literature search.
Nursing Universities, Internet, Literature search
Knowledge of basic computers–Review
1. Overview of Computers and Nursing
2. Computer Systems-Data processing, the internet, a nursing resource
3. Nursing Informatics and health care policy, privacy, confidentiality and security
4. Nursing informatics theory, clinical information systems
5. Applications-Practice applications, Administrative applications (information technology for nursing managers), educational applications and Research applications.
6. Consumer use of informatics
7. The future of informatics
Philosophy of Nursing Science and Theoretical Perspectives
1. Introduction to the course, a study of philosophy, history of philosophy
2. History and philosophy of nursing science
3. Nursing as a science and a discipline (Evolution and development)
4. Nursing knowledge and development
Domains of nursing
Paradigms in nursing
5. Paradigms that influence approaches to nursing science development.
6. Epistemological and ontological assumptions of diverse approaches to knowledge generation in nursing.
Nursing Theories and Theory Development
Concepts, statements, and theories
Strategies for theory development
Evaluation of theories
B. Overview of theory in nursing
Overview of theory
Importance of theory in nursing
Classification of theories in nursing
Issues in theory development in Nursing
Nursing Theory: an examination of the concept development of nursing theory.
C. Overview of nursing theories
The theorists and the theories
On nursing clients
On human being-Environment interactions
On nursing therapeutics
D. Analysis of Nursing theories & evaluation of nursing theories-
E. Nursing theory and practice
F. Nursing theory and research
G. Interrelationships between science, theory, practice and research in Nursing.
Introduction: Methods of acquiring knowledge problem solving and the scientific method. Research–definition types characteristics Terminology used in research, purpose, scope, and of research. Research and Nursing: Purpose scope and need for Nursing Research, development of research in Nursing, areas of Nursing research.
Research process overview: Statement of the problem and research objectives, concepts and constructs, variables assumptions, definitions hypotheses formulation, and types Delimitation.
Review of related literature Needs purpose and sources: Library,-Online search, and retrieval of the database from different CD-ROMs and use of A.V. Aids.
Research approaches and Designs:
Survey and experimental approaches,
Qualitative research approaches, ethnography, and phenomenology.
Longitudinal, cross-sectional and cohort studies-advantages and disadvantages.
Experimental designs-Purposes, characteristics, types of design, pre-experimental and quasi and true implemented design, steps of an experimental research
Sampling Methods-size, criteria of Population, Techniques of sampling criteria, determination of sample size
Data collection-Tools and techniques, types, purposes, characteristics and uses.
Scale/Construction of tools-Selection/Construction of tools, Testing validity and reliability.
Techniques of data collection: Technique, tools used for qualitative research, observation, Focus group discussion, measurement and record analysis and field trips.
Data collection procedures, analysis & interpretation and data management.
Ethical considerations in Nursing Research:
General considerations–Ethical considerations specific to approaches, design and data collection procedures.
composition, role and importance
Guidelines for ethical clearness
Ethical issues the relation to the scientific and professional community (Plagiarism)
Qualitative and quantitative analysis:
Descriptive, inferential and advanced statistics
Parametric and Non-parametric methods
Communicating research findings
Project proposal for funding
Top Colleges for Studying PhD Nursing
Admission Process for PhD Nursing
Most of the institutes and universities in India comply with an entrance-primarily based totally admission system for admission to PhD Nursing direction. Top PhD schools provide admission thru entrances like JIPMER, AIIMS etc.
The steps of the entrance-primarily based on totally admission are as follows:
Step 1: Online Registration: Students need to check in themselves for the entrance test a look at via way of means of offering their e-mail address, cell range and password and then a login identity notification could be generated.
Step 2: Filling up of Application Form: After growing the login identity notification, applicants are required to fill the online application form via way of means of offering their private and educational information and input the information of the direction that you are opting for.
Step 3: Uploading of files: On filling the application form, applicants need to add the vital files which include photographs, signature, identity notification proof, submit-graduation degree, and mark sheet, etc.
Step 4: Application Fee: After importing the vital files, college students need to pay the considered necessary quantity of application charges the usage of Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking.
Step 5: Download Application Form: After paying the application charge, applicants need to keep and download the application form for destiny references.
Step 6: Issuing of Admit Card: Based at the file of the information submitted via way of means of the college students, the admission authority will trouble the admit playing cards to the eligible college students.
Step 7: Entrance Examination: After getting the admit card, examination dates could be launched via way of means of one of a kind carrying out bodies. Candidates need to take a seat down for the entrance take a look at and qualify the identical to get admission.
Step 8: Declaration of Result: In the very last stage, the admission government will launch the consequences of the entrance test a look at what they have got seemed for.
Step 9: Group Discussion and Personal Interview: The decided on applicants need to seem for similar admission rounds which include organizational dialogue and private interview.
How to Prepare for PhD Nursing Entrance Exams
Syllabus: Students have to have a genuine concept of the syllabus of the entrance test a look at and the form of questions that is probably requested withinside the query paper.
Section-clever Preparation of the exam: Questions are in particular requested from the problem you've got got studied on the time of your post-graduation. Therefore, it's miles very crucial for students to have a clean concept of the problem they want to pursue PhD in.
Past Papers: The students have to now no longer overlook to undergo the preceding year`s query paper thoroughly. This will assist them to recognize the form of questions requested withinside the examination.
Time Management: This is the maximum crucial component of one`s practice, so students have to take note of this. Aspirants are suggested to make a right time desk and comply with the equal strictly to enhance their practice and carry out properly withinside the front take a look at.
PhD Nursing Employment Areas
PhD Nursing Job Types