PhD in General Surgery
PhD General Surgery is a doctoral-level Surgery direction. The medical process is part of healing technology that treats illness or harm through a usable methodology. General Surgery is a subfield of Surgery that manages the cautious remedy of belly organs, as example digestive organs complete throat, belly, colon, liver and furthermore of the thyroid organ and hernia. In spite of the reality that the direction has been named as `General Surgery', it isn't always as awful a lot a General as one could assume because it consists of surgical operations inclusive of an inflamed appendix, hernias, gallbladder clinical procedures, belly and intestinal issues. As it typically consists of the knowledge and potential to consider numerous cautious issues, it's far often alluded to as 'Handymen most of the restorative network.
Course Details of PhD General Surgery
Course Full Form
- Doctor of Philosophy in General Surgery
- Master in relevant Subject with 55% Marks
- Entrance Exam and Merit Based
PhD General Surgery: Eligibility Criteria
A Master`s degree is needed to select admission to a doctoral program. In positive subjects, completing a Master in Philosophy (M.Phil.) is critical to start Ph.D.
In cases, wherein the affirmation on the M.Phil. has been directed via a choice check and course paintings has been advocated on the M.Phil. level, such M.Phil. candidates, while admitted to the PhD initiatives, will now no longer be required to try placement check or course paintings and it'll be taken into consideration to have agreed to the UGC (Minimum suggestions and technique for furnish M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree).
Syllabus of PhD General Surgery
- Historical Aspect and Development of Surgical Science.
- Introduction to Surgery – Basic Surgical Principles.
- Medical Sociology, Doctor-Patient relationship, Family adjustments in disease, Organizational behaviors, conflict resolution.
- Surgical Ethics
- Sterile Precautions
- Theatre Safety
- Audit in Surgery
- Clinical Trials and Statistics
- Computers in Surgery
- Day Care Surgery
- Metabolic and Endocrine Response to Trauma
- Immuno-Biology: (an overview) – Role of Prostaglandins, Thromboxane and Leukotrienes in Surgery.
- Haemorrhage and Haemostasis
- Bleeding Disorders and Blood Transfusion
- Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- Critical care of Surgical Patient and Monitoring of Surgical Patient.
- Surgical Nutrition
- Anaesthesia and Pain Management
- Wounds, wound infection, Tissue repair and scars
- Surgical Infection
- Nosocomial Infection
- Surgical Manifestations of Tuberculosis
- Surgical conditions of skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- Ulcer, Sinus, Fistulae
- Surgical Complications in Diabetic Patients.
- Organ Transplantation.
- Concepts of Essential Drugs and Rational use of Drugs
- Consumer Protection
- T. Designs, Technologies and Equipment
- Advances in Imaging Technologies
- Principles of Surgery in Oncology
- Chemotherapy in Malignancy
- Immunobiology and Immunotherapy of Neoplastic Diseases.
- Neoplasm of GIT, GUT, CVT, Endocrinal Glands and Soft Tissues
- Guinae worm
- Echinococcus Granulosus
- Taenia Solium
- Taenia Saginata
- Giardia Intentinalis
Top Colleges and Universities Provide This PhD In General Surgery
- KIMS Karad - Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences
- JNMC Aligarh - Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Aligarh Muslim University
- NTRUHS Vijayawada - Dr NTR University of Health Sciences
- AKU Patna - Aryabhatta Knowledge University
- Gem Hospital and Research Centre, Coimbatore
- Kovai Medical Center and Hospital, Coimbatore
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Delhi
Documents Required for PhD In General Surgery
- Migration Certificate (No objection certificate from the University last attended)
- Passing/Degree certificate of the last qualifying degree examination
- Mark-list of the last qualifying degree examination
- Character certificate.
- Documentary proof for date of birth
- Gap certificate
- Research Proposal
Job Profiles After PhD in General Surgery
- Government hospitals
- Private and multispecialty hospitals
- Visiting surgeons at various hospitals