PhD Anthropology Admission process
PhD Anthropology or Doctor of Philosophy in Anthropology is a Doctorate degree course that is subjective in nature and undertakes the studies paintings in depth. On the completing touch of a doctorate degree, students ought to post their “thesis” after which they deserve the respective degree. Anthropology is the observe of humanity. It has origins withinside the humanities, the herbal sciences, and the social sciences. The period of this system is minimum years from the date of registration (three years for outside candidates) and most 5-6 years. The minimum qualifications and different eligibility standards for admission are similar to for normal complete-time students. PhD is a broad-primarily based totally course related to a minimal path credit score requirement and studies thesis.
PhD in Anthropology Course Details
Course Full Form
PhD in Anthropology Eligibility Criteria
The applicants want to complete their post-graduation in Philosophy. Some colleges additionally, take delivery of applicants who've completed their grasp degree in another discipline.
The students ought to additionally clean the cut-off of positive entrance exams just like the National Entrance Test (NET). Various different front exams are performed from time to time.
The applicants ought to have at the least 50% marks of their commencement and post-Graduation The minimum marks requirement might also additionally range for the SC/ST/OBC/PwD applicants.
PhD in Anthropology Top Colleges and Universities
Syllabus of PhD in Anthropology
Subjects of Study
Research Methodology in Anthropology
1. Research Process: An Overview
2. Recent Approaches
3. Quantitative Methods
4. Qualitative Methods
5. Software (Training in the software will proceed in relation to the theory courses and assignments)
6. Scientific writing skills
Theoretical and Methodological Approaches in Anthropology
1. Paradigms in Social-Cultural Anthropology
2. Paradigms in Biological Anthropology
3. Unit of Contributions of Indian Anthropologists
4. Contributions of Social Reformers and Thinkers to Indian Society and Culture
5. Research Ethics
Fieldwork, Internships and Assignments
1. Fieldwork/Internship will be carried out in consultation with and under the guidance of PhD supervisor
2. Assignments, Seminars and other academic activities will be carried out in consultation with course advisors
Advances in Medical Anthropology
1. New theoretical paradigms in Medical Anthropology
2. Culture and Medicine
3. Policy and Advocacy
4. International health
5. Overview of National Health Programmes in India
6. Recent health initiatives
7. Research Methodology
Perspectives in Social-Cultural Anthropology
1. Socio-Cultural Anthropology: An Overview
2. Marriage, Family and Kinship: Emerging Trends
3. Social and Cultural Change in India
4. Dominant processes of Socio-Cultural change in India
5. Religious and popular cults- in India/Maharashtra
Perspectives in Development Anthropology
1. Origin, Approaches in Anthropology of Development
2. Perspectives on Developments
3. Agencies of Development
4. Development Planning
5. Development: The Indian Case
Advances in Biological Anthropology
1. Current Research problems and Challenges in Biological Anthropology of South Asia
2. Paleoanthropology and Archaeological Anthropology
3. Human Biological Variation: Anthropometric and Genetic Studies
4. Nutrition Education and Community Nutrition
PhD in Anthropology Admission Process Entrance Test
Step 1: Fill The Application Form
You gets the admission form from the university campus itself. You can also be capable of put up the application form in online mode.
Step 2: Appear for The Entrance Test
After you put up your utility shape, you'll take a seat down for the doorway to take a look at. The sample of the entrance test a look at can also additionally range from college to college.
Step 3: Admission to the university
If you clean the cut-off of the entrance test a look at, you'll be capable of taking admission to the college of your choice. For that, you'll put up all of the files required for admission and additionally pay the admission fee.
How is PhD Anthropology Course Beneficial
Doctorate Degree permits one to hold tempo with the increasing frontiers of know-how and affords studies schooling applicable to the existing social and monetary goals of the country.
They can be part of schools and colleges after having exceeded the Master's degree and the PhD degree as in step with the regulations of the respective institutes.
PhD Anthropology Employment Areas
PhD Anthropology Job Types