PhD Comparative Literature
PhD Comparative Literature is a three-year doctorate program in the area of comparative literature. The minimum eligibility for this course is a certified published graduate degree in English language or literature.
PhD Comparative Literature: Course Overviews
- PhD in Comparative Literature
Course Full Form
- Doctor of Philosophy in Comparative Literature
- Both semester-wise and Annually
- Master in Relevant Subjects with 55% Marks
- Entrance tests, Counselling and Personal interview
PhD Comparative Literature: Eligibility Criteria
Completed a Master`s Degree in the English Language with 55% aggregate.
An important prerequisite is the hit final touch of an M.Phil Degree in English (Commonwealth Literature/ English Lit./Comparative Lit.)
Syllabus of PhD Comparative Literature
- Nature, functions and types of a Research
- Vocations: Error, evidence, and truth
- Problems of authorship
- Search for origins
- Literature review: necessity, methods and utilization
- Research design
- Making notes
- Data collection: process, sources, types and tools
- Data: classification, tabulation, presentation and analysis
- Documentation Skills
- Preparing a Research Proposal in first term.
- Indian Literature in English Translation
- Theory of translation
- Principles of correspondence
- Theories of Translation
- Sorts, process, issues and impediments of interpretation
- Time: tense, mood and aspect
- Concepts and notions
- Idiom: from one culture to another
- Transference, free rendering and transcreation
- Translation and transliteration
- Machine Translation
- Translating literary, religious and scientific texts
- ELT: History, Place, Position, Problems, Prospects and Future
- Language acquisition and language learning
- Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
- Communicative Language Teaching
- Computer-aided language learning
- English for academic purposes
- English for specific purposes
- Business English Communication
- Basic concepts of Language Testing
- Teaching literature
- Writing a Dissertation
- Translating a book
- Ghosh, Amitav: The Shadow Lines, Mariner Books, 2005
- Literature Without Borders
- Bhagat, Chetan: One Night at the Call Center, Rupa, 2005.
- Shakespeare, William: Hamlet, Penguin.
- Practical Work:
- Computer Orientation
- Computer-aided language learning and teaching.
- Use of Language Learning program to improve LSRW.
PhD Comparative Literature: Top Institutes
- English and Foreign Languages University
- Jadavpur University
- Veer Narmad South Gujrat University
- Visva- Bharati University
PhD Comparative Literature: Admission Process
If the candidate has already certified an entrance exam for pursuing M.Phil.,lottery sambad acting for an entrance exam for the PhD program isn't required.
Candidates may additionally to clean the all-India stage National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lectureship that is performed with the aid of using the University Grants Commission.
Candidates are then decided on the premise of overall performance in a spherical of interview after the qualification of the written test.
Job Role After PhD Comparative Literature
- Executive Assistant
- English Teacher
- Philosophical Journalist
- Technical Writer