PhD Agronomy is a three-year Doctorate degree course. This course deals with resource conservation, soil physical and biological characteristics, soil and tissue analysis and the interpretation, irrigation, water quality, drainage, fertilizers and other nutrient sources etc.
The subjects that are taught during the course include as Agricultural Chemistry, Genetics, Medicinal Plants and Aromatics, Biochemistry, Entomology, Food and Nutrition, Agricultural Meteorology, Nematology, and Public Health etc.
Candidates who have completed their Masters's in Agronomy subject are eligible to apply for admission to PhD Agronomy courses. Almost all the top agricultural colleges in our country admit students on the basis of merit and entrance exam.
There are different types of institutes (like private or government institutes) that offered PhD Agronomy courses. The average tuition fees for this course range between INR 10, 000 and INR 2,00,000based on the institutes.
The PhD Agronomy Courses graduates will be able to get hired in public and private organizations in positions like Agronomy Officer, Area Sales Manager, Agronomist, Subject Matter Specialists, Corporate Agronomist, Rice Breeder, and Soil Scientist etc.
They usually get employment in the areas like Agriculture Sectors, Food Processing Plants, Fertilizer Companies, Manure Industries Organic Farming, FMCG Companies etc. The average placement package that can be expected by the fresh graduates of PhD Agronomy Courses usually ranges between INR 2,00,000 and INR 10,00,000.
PhD Agronomy Courses: What is it about
- PhD Agronomy course assists with the examining basics of agronomy, starting harvests, and soils intended for the agronomists to assemble their abilities and information in agronomy.
- This course is the instructed utilizing instructive innovation by giving an assortment of models and contextual analyses that give understudies capacity to comprehend content conveyance and its applications in this field.
- This course focuses on the significant segments like soil and water the executives, crop the board, supplement the executives, and vermin the board.
- This course helps the candidates to learn about how to produce and use plants for fuel, feed, food, fibre and reclamations.
- It encompasses work in the areas of plant physiology, plant genetics, soil science, and meteorology.
PhD Agronomy Courses: Admission Process
- Registration: Dates of the Registration are declared days before by the institutes. An account ought to be made with essential details like email-id, mobile number, and so on.
- Fill up Details: Fill up the application form with all extremely significant details with the care. Care should be taken before filling to guarantee all the details are precise and right.
- Submit Documents: Scan all the necessary documents like imprint sheets. Documents should be transferred in the particular arrangement in particular, as determined by the institute’s application portal.
- Application Fee: A minimal amount of the application fees is to be paid online during the accommodation of the application form. Applications Fee payment should be clear by all the online payment modes.
- Download Admit Card: Admit cards will be delivered once all candidates are decided for the qualification. The admit card should be downloaded and printed out should be taken to be used upon the date of the examinations.
- Examination: Prepare for the entrance test according to the syllabus and the past year papers. Appear for the exam on the date reported.
- Result: Results are reported after a couple of weeks of the exam day. In the event that a student is lucky in qualifying the entrance tests, they can proceed onward to the following round.
- Counseling and Admission: Counseling is held for students who have cleared the selection tests. The student would now be able to take the admission in the PhD Agronomy Courses.
PhD Agronomy Courses: Course Advantages
The goal to attain the PhD Agronomy Courses will depend on each individual’s aspirations and goals. Some of the reasons to pursue the course are as follows.
- Reputed profession: PhD Agronomy Courses is a popular field where skilled graduates can learn to allow the students to deal with various practical problems and come up with relevant solutions to those problems. They may come up with new approaches to solve basic problems.
- Pay Scale: Average packages for the PhD Agronomy Courses graduates are on the higher side for both private and public organizations. The work of the doctorate students Agronomy Officer, Rice Breeder, Subject Matter Specialists, etc. Given the scale of the work, the salary is also on the higher side.
- On completion of this program, students will be able to get awesome salary packages ranging between INR 3 LPA and INR 10 LPA , depending on the student's expertise in the field.
- PhD Agronomy graduates have high demand in the different mounting areas like Agriculture Sectors, Food Processing Plants, Fertilizer Companies, Manure Industries, and Educational Institutes Organic Farming, FMCG Companies etc.
PhD Agronomy Courses: Entrance Exams
There are many national and state-level entrance exams to appear for the PhD Agronomy program.
Listed below are some of these popular PhD Agronomy entrance exams.
- UGC NET: UGC NET examination is conducted by the National Testing Agency(NTA) at the national level. It is held in the month of May of each year for admission into Doctorate programs. It is an online examination, conducted over three hours and the paper is of 180 marks.
- AAU VET: AAU VET examination is conducted by the Assam Agricultural University at the state level. It is held in the month of September of each year for admission into the Doctorate programs. It is an offline examination, conducted over two hours each and the paper is of 180 marks.
- UGC CSIR NET: UGC CSIR NET examination is conducted by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research at the national level. It is held in the month of June of each year for admission into the Doctorate programs. It is an online examination, conducted over three hours and the paper is of 200 marks.
- OUAT: OUAT examination is conducted by Orissa University at the national level. It is held in the month of May of each year for admission into Doctorate programs. It is an offline examination, conducted over two hours and the paper is of 200 marks.
PhD Agronomy Courses: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the PhD Agronomy Courses aspirants is not complicated and is as follows. It must be noted that the eligibility criteria for the course will vary from institute to institute.
Students must have completed their Masters's degree in Agronomy from a recognized University.
Students must have at least 55 percent aggregate in the Masters's (PG) Degree.
The percentage may differ from college to college.
PhD Agronomy Courses: Tips to Clear Entrance Examinations
Over the last couple of years, certain universities and colleges began conducting their own entrance tests. In this way, here we have given the portion of the significant preparation tips for you:
- Become more acquainted with the most recent syllabus for the examinations. The syllabus may change each year.
- You should know the format of the examination. Realizing the examination format will keep you in front of the others.
- Give more significance to the areas which are significant from the examination's perspective. For that, you need to make a list of the important topics that are significant from the examination perspective and concentrate on those areas.
- The way to obtain the great score in the examination is revision. The more you revisie, the better you can score in the examination.
- Glance through the questions from the sample papers and the previous year question papers. This will keep you all around familiar with the kind of questions that you may look at in the examination.
- Read books by well-known writers. This will assist you with scoring a great score in the entrance tests. A great deal of books are accessible that are exceptionally implied for the PhD Agronomy entrance tests.
- Agriculture College
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswa Vidyalaya
- Bihar Agricultural University
- Directorate of Rapeseed-Mustard Research
- SV Agricultural College
- University of Agricultural Sciences
- GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology