ONLINE PhD IN PHARMACEUTICAL MANAGEMENT
Pharmacy management studies at the graduate level are often found as concentrations in Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs or specializations within the PhD programs in pharmacy administration. In these programs, you take a number of business and leadership courses. Many times, for a career in pharmacy management, you must also be a licensed pharmacist. A PhD in Pharmacy Administration with a concentration in management differs from the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree and does not lead to a career as a pharmacist.
PhD Pharmaceutical Management is a three-year minimum doctorate level program. The program structure is on the semester system and deals with researching new discoveries in pharma or medicine and drugs. Students get to design, formulate and test medicines and understand its effects.
The eligibility criteria for the program is to have a master's in Pharmacy with at least 60% aggregate score from a recognized educational institute. Admissions is done on the basis of the entrance examinations like CSIR, NET, SLET etc. Upon qualifying for the entrance exam round, students are invited for a personal interview round where one has to present their research proposal.
Why study the PhD Pharmaceutical Management Course?
The reasons to pursue Pharmaceutical Management will be different from person to person. Some of the top reasons why this should be the career of choice are as follows.
- Career opportunities: Pharmaceutical Management has a highly rewarding career for its candidates. One gets to work in patient care or research or teaching too. One can choose from a number of the options to work in, either privately or in a Government organization.
- Increase in demand for pharmacists: With the increase in diseases and pandemics, the demand of pharmacists has been steadily increasing. Pharmacists are needed to develop and test newer and better options of medicines. With a number of medicines being released every year, the demand for pharmacists to test them and evaluate them has risen.
- Help heal people: If one has a passion to ths work in the healthcare system and help patients get better, the pharmacy should be the first career choice. Not everyone has the aptitude and ability to thrive in a high-demand environment like medicine. Pharmacists work with Doctors and hospitals to bring in a quality life to patients.
- Stability: Pharmacists enjoy a stable job life with regular pay increments. Due to the increase in demand, existing Pharmacists are finding it easy to advance in their career easily. Most people live within walking distance of the pharmacy, hence depicting the need for quality medicine. Work in this field is plenty for anyone interested.
What is the PhD Pharmaceutical Management
The eligibility criteria for the PhD Pharmaceutical management program will be different from university to university. The general eligibility criteria are as follows:
The candidate has to have a master's in Pharmacy or a master's in any Science stream from a recognized institute.
A minimum 60% aggregate score is necessary to be considered for the admissions. For SC, ST and OBC category students, the aggregate score will be more relaxed.
A research proposal is needed for the personal interview round that states the research objective, process, methodology etc.
PhD Pharmaceutical managements Admission Process?
Admissions to the program is strictly on the basis of an entrance examination score and the personal interview round. Entrance exams, both national and state-level are accepted at the universities and institutes. The syllabus for each exam will be different from university to university.
The process of admission has been elaborated on below.
- Registration: Registration opens up every academic year and in the limited seats. Deadlines for registration are announced in the advance. An account will have to be opened up using the email id, phone number etc.
- Fill up details: Fill up the application form with all the necessary details. Past educational achievements, internships, projects, work experience etc. must be filled out in earnest.
- Submit documents: Documents like mark sheets, and transfer certificates etc. are to be scanned and submitted into the application portal. Documents must be in a specific format and size only.
- Application fee: A nominal application fee or a fee for the entrance examination is to be paid in the advance. Payment can be done using all major online payment methods like credit and debit cards etc.
- Admit card and exam: Upon evaluating the applications, admit cards are issued to the students. The admit card is to be downloaded and printed to be used for the exams. Prepare for the exam and sit for it on the announced date.
- Results: After the examination, results are evaluated and announced in two to three weeks. Only the ones who have qualified the exam will proceed to the next level.
- Personal Interview: Selected students will be invited for a personal interview round. One has to bring in their research proposals pertaining to the chosen research topic, or methodology etc.
- Admission: Once the interview round, applicants will be invited to take admission.
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- School of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi