ONLINE PHD IN JOURNALISM AND MASS COMMUNICATION
PhD in Journalism and Mass communication is a research degree course where the course duration can range anything from three years, depending upon the area of research. The main focus of the course is to research the chosen topic and to equip candidates with teaching skills.
The students should have a Master’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication with an aggregate of the 55% to become eligible. Some colleges may require students to write entrance exams
For admission to the course with the entrance exams, some students might be called for personal interviews or group discussions. Some popular entrance exams are as LPU NEST, NET, SEAT and more.
Why study PhD Journalism and Mass Communication
The purpose of pursuing a PhD in Journalism and Mass Communication can vary from the person to person. Here is the list of top reasons why people pursue a PhD.
- High Pay: Doctorate course is the highest level of qualification and also provides good pay for students. They can pursue a profession in career fields like ad Lecturer and earn up to 12 LPA.
- On completion of PhD, applicants are given the title of ‘Doctorate of Philosophy and can put it in front of their name.
- Research potential: The main purpose of a PhD is to provide research opportunities to the candidates, they can research on the topic of their choice within the course and become experts in the field.
- Skills: PhD is a course that requires extensive research. It allows the students to inculcate essential skills like Analytical skills, Problem-solving skills, Project management, Discipline, and Communication skills.
- Future Benefits: The degree allows people to become experts in the field of journalism and mass communication. It opens up various career opportunities as a journalist, writer, professor, news critic, and news reporter, etc.
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Amity University, Noida
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- University of Madras, Chennai
- Mysore University, Mysore
PhD Journalism and Mass Communication: Admission Process :
Admissions in PhD. Journalism and Mass Communication are mostly done on the basis of merit. Some colleges also accept entrance exams like NET JRF. Private universities like as Lovely Professional University conduct their own entrances.
- Registration: The first and foremost step for the candidate in the admission process is to register for the course through the college or the university’s website. Exams forms are released before the start of the course and provide ample time for the people to fill in their details.
- Details and Application fee: While registering, it is important to fill in the correct details like as name, educational level, address, etc. After filling in the details, the student must submit the application fee.
- Admit card: After filling in the necessary information and paying the fee, the student should download the admit card and keep it safe till the admission process goes on.
- Examination: The entrance exam has to be given to respected colleges and universities. It is important to adhere to the syllabus and read the previous year’s question papers for better preparation.
- Results: Once results are released, applicants who qualify and further move ahead with their admission process. Some might also release a cut-off list for the admissions based on merit. Marks of post-graduation are considered for this.
- Counseling and admission: Students who qualify for the entrance exam or merit can proceed to the colleges for their course.
- Journalism Studies: Specialized and Analytical Journalism
- Advertising and Public Relations Research: Communication and Development Issues
- Analyzing media, Messages, and audience: Hindi Cinema Studies
- Issues in Media Economy: Media, Youth, and Participatory Governments