Online PhD Genetics and Plant Breeding
PhD Genetics and Plant Breeding three-year doctorate-level academic Study that deals with the agricultural sciences offering specialization in genetics & breeding of a plant. It aims to provide in-depth understanding & abilities to the candidates.
PhD Genetics and Plant Breeding: Course Highlights
Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) in Genetics and Plant Breeding
Duration of Course
M.Phil. or equivalent degree from any recognized college/university with at least 55% marks (relaxable for reserved category candidates)
Entrance Test based / Merit-based (Based on M.Phil or equivalent percentage
INR 10,000 to 2.25 lakhs
INR 20,000 to 24,000 monthly
Top Recruiting Areas
Plant Breeding centers, universities, tissue culture labs, farm enclosure, research center, Nurseries
Plant breeder, assistant professor, Researcher, Managing officer, Cytogeneticist, etc
PhD Genetics and Plant Breeding: What is it about?
- PhD Genetics and Plant Breeding provides in-depth knowledge & skills to the candidates about plant genetics & breeding It deals with the study, editing, structuring & analysis the genetic composition of life forms, as an application of biotechnology.
- It deals with the study, editing, structuring & analysis the genetic composition of life forms, as an application of biotechnology.
- Ph.D. in Genetics and Plant Breeding program produces a common platform where application along with the concept of genetics is seen being operated with reference to life cycle of a plant starting from its growth to the development phase.
- The primary aim of the program is to build on the understanding & skill base for the students to develop a Bachelor’s & Master’s level by focusing on research & practical aspects.
- The program curriculum aims at preparing the Candidates for overall domain expertise, by conducting research, practice, & analysis, to help them to realize the demands of practical life.
PhD Genetics and Plant Breeding: Admission Process
Admissions for Ph.D. in Genetics and Plant Breeding course is executed based on a percentage of marks secured by the candidates in M.Phil or equivalent level program. The Student who seeks funding or fellowship for the course are required to meet the necessary eligibility criteria as per the university guidelines, apart from scoring marks as per the requirement of the particular exam for that purpose to obtain privilege.
How to Apply for PhD in Genetics and Plant Breeding?
- Choose a project & submit an application. You should then complete the online application form for this course. Ensure you include all supporting documents, or this may delay the processing of your application.
- Most Universities & Colleges grant admission based on score of the CET exam or conduct their own entrance test for the admittance into Ph.D. program, thus requiring the Candidates to produce an application for such examination.
- After checking their eligibility, candidates are required to pass these exams in order to get entry to the program.
- A merit list of the qualifying candidates is provided and candidates are called for the further admission process by several universities or colleges, after the execution of the examination.
- Afterward, the process of conclusive allocation of seats to the candidates takes place followed by the deposition of the fee for the program & enrollment for the respective academic year.
PhD Genetics and Plant Breeding: Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed their M.Phil or equivalent level examination with a minimum of 55% marks for the general category & 45% to 50% marks for the reserved section of students from a recognized state/private/deemed or a central University. The eligibility guidelines suggested above are acceptable by most of universities & colleges across the nation that offer this program to the learning.
- The student must not have any compartment or backlog in any of the subject/subjects at M.Phil or equivalent degree which is being pursued at the time of taking admission.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria under many colleges & institutes have further guidelines which the students can satisfy & take admitted by working or research activity in the area.
- The reserved category student are required to present their reservation certificates provided by the responsible authorizations to reap advantages applicable to them.
- Certain Universities allow admissions through the Common Entrance Test (CET) such as the ICAR entrance exam. To acquire admission in this University, candidates must have passed the particular entrance exam by obtaining in the qualifying marks.
PhD Genetics and Plant Breeding: Tips to get the Best College
- Students should be aware of the entrance exam pattern & difficulty level of the exam.
- They must make sure they cover the 12th standard & UG degree syllabus thoroughly. Revise all the concepts regularly for a better grip over the subject.
- They must keep a track of important dates & deadlines to avoid the last-minute rush.
- Read newspaper daily to familiarise yourself with current affairs & day-to-day happenings.
- Checking the study curriculum, regular & visiting faculty as well exposure, internships will help the aspirant to sort out best college for them.
- A placement opportunity is a must on the checklist. The last few years’ records will be helpful to understand placement conditions.
Top Institutes Provide PhD Genetics and Plant Breeding:
- Lovely Professional University
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agriculture University
- Bidhan Chandra KrishiViswaVidyalaya
- Central Agriculture University
- GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology
- Indian Institute of Science
- Osmania University