The Maharishi University of Information Technology (MUIT) was established under MUIT Uttar Pradesh Act No. 31 of 2001 Notification No. 573 dated 06 October, 2001. The University Campus is at PO- Maharishi Nagar Dist. GB Nagar, Sec 110, Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The University is reputed to disseminate quality education. His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ji was the First Chancellor of the University. MUIT has been recognized and included in the list of the Universities, maintained by the UGC under section 2 (f) of the UGC Act, 1956. The University offers B.Sc. in Animation & Multimedia, Diploma in Animation, B.Tech in Computer & Data Science, B. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering, P.G. Diploma in Data Science, BB.A LL.B, B.A. LL.B, LL.B, LL.M, BA (J&MC), MA (J&MC), Diploma in Print and Electronic Media, Diploma in New Media, Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations and Ph.D. Courses.
Approvals & Affiliations
- · UGC - University Grants Commission
- · PCI - Pharmacy Council of India
- · BCI - Bar Council of India
- · AICTE - All India Council for Technical Education
- · AIU - Association of Indian Universities
- · Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
|English Literature ||Hindi|
|Social Work||Fine Arts|
Department of Engineering & Technology
|Mechanical Engineering||Computer Science Engineering|
|Civil Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
Department of Commerce & Management
Department of Computer Science & IT
|Computer Science||Computer Application|
Department of Science
Department of Education And Physical Education
Department of Para-Medical Science
Department of Agriculture
Department of Library Science
|Library & Information Science|
Department of Law
Department of Pharmacy
Department of Home Science
|Food & Nutrition||Home Science|
Eligibility: Any of the following:
- · Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding Statutory Body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent Grade ‘B’ in UGC 7-Point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever Grading System is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, or recognized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- · A relaxation of 5% of marks, 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of Grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled categories of candidates, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- · Candidates who have been awarded M.Phil. with Course Work having at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in UGC 7- point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or have successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree in Maharishi University of Information Technology in an integrated programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per decision of the commission from time to time.
- · Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution/University, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Accreditation and Assessment Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other Statutory Authority in that country for the purpose of accessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
Duration of the Programme:
- · Ph.D. Programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and maximum duration as per the latest guidelines of the UGC.
- · The women candidates and persons with disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of Ph.D. for up to 240 days.
- · In each case of extension the application has to be submitted on the prescribed from along with extension fee prescribed by the University from time to time. If a candidate fails to submit his/her thesis within the extended period her/his registration shall lapse automatically.
- · Any further extension shall be subject to the approval of the Academic Council of the University.
Seats for Ph.D. Programme:
- · From time to time the University Research Board shall approve the number of seats available for Ph.D. Programme in each Discipline / Subject depending upon the number of available Research Supervisors and norms of Scholar-Supervisor ratio, laboratory, library and such other academic and physical facilities.
- · The University reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of seats from time to time depending upon the research facilities available.
Procedure for Admission:
- · Notification for admission shall be given well in advance on the Maharishi University of Information Technology website and through advertisement in at least two national newspapers, of which at least one shall be in Regional Language.
- · A candidate who wishes to get admission in Ph.D. programme shall have to follow the prescribed procedure and schedule for submission of application form, taking the entrance test and depositing of prescribed fee as per detail in the advertisement for admission.
- · Candidates successful in PET (Stage I) will be called for interview (Stage II). The final selection for admission in Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the interview subject to scoring minimum marks.
Note: Offer of admission will be provisional & valid only for the specific program opted by the candidate as well as for the same academic session. The offer of admission will automatically stand cancelled if the conditions are not fulfilled by the specified time. Candidates, who qualify the Entrance Test, will have to register in the Ph. D. programme within one year after the declaration of the entrance test result. It is mandatory for working applicants to submit an NOC at the time of registration cum orientation for the program, i.e. within a month of their selection.
Entrance Test Exemption:
Following candidates are exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test:
- · Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF/UGC CSIR- NET).
- · Those who have been sponsored by the Government (State/ Union/ UT)/Public Enterprises/DRDO/CSIR recognized research labs.
Fees & Charges:
- · Entrance Test Fee- 10,000/-
- · Course Fee- 1,00,000/Year
- · Coursework Exam Fee- Rs. 10,000/-
- · Guide Fee- Rs. 20,000/-
- · Thesis Submission Fee- Rs. 10,000/-
- · Viva Fee- Rs. 10,000/-
- · Total Course Fee- 3,60,000/-
Students admitted in Ph.D. programme have to pay fee & charges via a Credit / Debit card/cash/Online Payment as prescribed by the University from time to time.