BACHELOR OF COMMERCE
B.com perform for Bachelor of Commerce which is a triannual undergraduate course. Bcom subjects include Analytical skills, Financial Literacy, Business Acumen, Business Laws, Taxation knowledge, etc, with the aim to make the candidate job ready in the field of Banking, Accounting, Insurance and Finance and some other field of Commerce.
B.Com Admissions for top B Com Colleges in India like “Shri Ram College of Commerce”, “Hindu College”, “Ramjas College”, “Loyola College” etc, all are on the basis of merit and as well as entrance exams. Some of the top entrance exams conducted for introducing more students in B Com courses are IPU CET, CUET, NPAT, BHU UET, etc.
During the triannual B.Com degree, the candidates learn more about the general business principles, and at the same time, study core commerce subjects such as finance, economics, accounting, and actuarial studies and learn more about this field.
Top B Com Colleges in India 2022 with Fees
There are around of 8,840 B Com colleges in INDIA, including private, government, and public/private.B Com colleges in INDIA offer courses at Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree levels.
The standard fees range from INR 2-4 lakh. Remuneration stands between INR 3-4 lakh per annuities, business management, etc.
The percentage required eligibility for B Com courses is 50% marks in class 12 or equivalent examination. The B.Com course is the most traditional and sought-after course by commerce students. The B Com Syllabus focuses on subjects such as Taxation, Economics, Accounts etc. B Com Honours Subjects are the most popular in the B Com course.
B Com Course Details
- B Com is offered as B Com Distance Education or B Com Online mode as well, which helps students to do B Com from their home and in under of comfort.
- The minimum capability criteria for B Com admissions is that students must have pass the class 12 examination in any stream with a minimum overall of 50%.
- Some of the top B Com colleges in India are, “Shri Ram College of Commerce”, “Hansraj College”, “Hindu Colleges”, “Loyola College “etc.
- Admissions to B Com courses can be done by both through entrance exams and on the basis of merit in previous class 12.
- Some of the top entrance exams conducted for B Com courses are IPU CET, BHU UET, DUET, NPAT etc.
- Students will apply for different types of B Com programs like B Com LLB, B Com with ACCA or B Com with CA to enhance their career opportunities.
- After B Com, students have multiple options to either pursue MCom, CA, MBA or opt for B Com Jobs such as Tax Consultant, Stock Broker, Auditor, Lecturer, Insurance Consultant, etc.
- B Com with MCom Integrated Course has also gained publicity among students.
- The salary of B Com graduates stands in between INR I,44,000 to INR INR 4,32,000.
Who Should Study B Com?
- B Com is like any other course, would be chosen carefully by the students to achieve the desired result.
- B Com is the stepping stone for candidates who want to pursue and excel in the Management or the commerce field.
- B Com enhances basic knowledge of the MCom course curricular, thus making it a perfect choice for MCom aspirants.
- Over the years, the requirements for B Com graduates has demanded in both government and private job sectors.
What is B Com Course About?
B Com is a triannual Undergraduate program that mainly focuses on subjects related to commerce, Economics, Business Law, Accountancy, Taxation and finance. B Com full-form is Bachelor of Commerce.
The B Com course is provided in 3 categories which are B Com-General, B Com Honours, and B Com LLB. Both B Com General and B Com honors can be pursued from regular as well as B Com distance colleges.
Why Should You Study B Com?
Prepares students for Entrepreneurship and Employment: A B Com degree prepares graduates for the Corporate world as well as Entrepreneurship, unlike any other Bachelor's course. The course presents business and financial knowledge to adapt in the professional world.
Vast Job domains: Bachelor of Commerce graduates have a variety of opportunities to work in sectors such as Banks and Capital Management, Accounting Firms, Investment Banking, Budget Planning etc.
Higher salary packages: According to GDP INDIA, the standard salary earned by B Com graduates is INR 2.5 to 4 lakh annually. The starting salary for B Com graduates is INR 2.5 to 3 lakh annually.
Higher Studies: B Com provides a base for higher education to enhance their skills and have the opportunity to earn more by opting for courses like CA, CS, CMA, MBA etc. These courses will help to move further up in the hierarchy.
What are the Types of B Com Available in INDIA?
B Com courses are classified into 38 different specialization programs offered across INDIA. Candidates who completed 12th in schooling are capable of all these programs and can get admission into all the affiliated universities present in all within The INDIAN boundaries.
Presently, there are 6175 B Com colleges in INDIA, offering different B Com specializations.
Type of B Com
B Com Online
B Com Distance Education
B Com Abroad
INR 12 Lakhs
Online B Com
B Com Online is also a triannual program that provides candidates for further knowledge about Business Communication, Financial and Corporate Accounting, Business Law and Accounting, and others.
- B Com online is an ideal course for applicants who are unable to pursue a regular B Com program or can not afford the regular B Com fees.
- The standard fees for B Com online range between INR 11,000 to INR 20,000.
B Com Honours
B Com Honours is a type of B Com Degree program with a subject as a major. Most students apply for majors in accountancy. B Com Honours is also a triannual Undergraduate Degree program in the field of commerce, covering subjects such as Accounting, Taxation, Economics, Financial Management, etc.
Nomenclature and course curriculum is the major difference between B Com Honours and Bachelor of Commerce.
Most of the learners prefer to pursue B Com Honours program as it helps to prepare for certification exams such as Chartered Accountancy (CA) and other certifications side by side or downward.
What is the B Com Distance Education Admission Process?
The documents that are needed for the admission process of B Com Distance Education aare described below:
- Marksheet of Class 12 Boards Examination
- Certificate from the employer, for availing relaxation in minimum marks in the case of teachers, Government employees, University employees etc.
- Pass Certificate of Class 12 Board Examination
- Community, Nativity and Income certificates in original (in the case of applicants belonging to SC/ST/OEC/OBC who are capable of marks relaxation/fee concession)
- Self-addressed stamped 3 envelopes.
- Self-attested copy of the S.S.L.C/S.S.C page etc. showing the date of birth.
B Com Distance Education from IGNOU
- IGNOU(Indira Gandhi National Open University), is one of the most well-respected universities in India.
- The university comprises highly experts professionals and an experienced team of faculty who helps in developing knowledge, skills, attitudes, and value through dynamic and collective methods of learning among the candidates.
- IGNOU provides Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Certificate, and Diploma courses to students belonging to arts, science, commerce and management fields.
Important features of IGNOU:
- Tele-comforting for student groups
- Training Study Centre Counselors /Coordinators
- Administrative interaction with Regional Centre functionaries
- Extended Contact Programme (ECP) with students
- Teaching-end studios located at IGNOU Campus, New Delhi, and about 850 receivers ‘nodes' located in IGNOU Regional Centers and Study Centers
B Com Distance Education
50% in 10+2 Boards Exam
Average Fees (INR)
15000 – 25000
Average Placements (INR)
250000 – 450000
Operations Manager, Accountant, Account Executive, Finance Manager etc
B Com: Admission Process
The Admission Process for B Com admissions involves various procedures at various institutions.
- Direct Admissions: Direct admission for B Com course takes place without any entrance exams. Students are admitted on the basis of their marks in class 12 board exams. The list is prepared after the board exams release their results.
- Entrance Exams: Some universities and colleges like Delhi University admit students to the Bachelor of Commerce course based on their marks in national or state level entrance exams like IPU CET, DUET, BHU, etc.
B Com: Eligibility Criteria
As different colleges have different criteria, some of the common eligibility criteria for B Com admissions 2022 is mentioned below.
- Applicants must have completed and passed class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- The minimum percentage for B Com admission varies from college to college. Delhi University's cutoff for B Com admission ranges in the area of 99%, whereas, for some colleges, it can be a minimum of 45 percent.
- Students from any stream can apply for B Com admission but, a candidate can get preference over candidates from other streams if he/she/zee has completed 10+2 with Commerce.
- Some colleges conduct entrance examinations for admissions in B Com. Candidates qualifying in B Com entrance exams are given admission based on marks secured in these examinations.
B Com Admission 2022
- The B Com admission 2022 registrations have started for B Com entrance exams like NPAT 2022 and DSAT 2022. B Com admissions are based on the minimum qualification based on marks scored by a candidate in 10+2. See More: B Com Admission 2022
- However, there is no central examination for this course but some universities and colleges admit students to the course based on their marks in national or state-level entrance exams like IPU CET, DUET, BHU, etc.
Integrated B Com: Course Details
- Integrated B Com is an undergraduate degree that merges two different courses into a single degree.
- Integrated B Com is a five-year UG course that a student can pursue after the completion of the 10+2 examination.
- This course provides students with an extra academic qualification that will help them in the future to gain an edge over their competitors.
- There are various Colleges/ Institutes/ Universities in India that offer admission to the 5-year Integrated B Com course.
B Com LLB: Course Details
B Com LLB is a dual degree integrated program offering two different degrees to students in two different disciplines.
When LLB is integrated with B Com, the dual degree course offers career options ranging from litigating lawyers, judge, legal consultants, legal advisors, legal managers to PO managers.
B Com with CA: Course Details
B Com with CA is one of the highest paying jobs in the world. The course needs time and devotion and upgrades the student's stature and knowledge in the field of business and finance, including audit, taxation, financial and management. B Com with CA graduates work across all sectors as it is one of the most respected degrees.
B Com MCom Integrated: Course Details
B Com MCom integrated course is a five-year program that candidates can study if they want to do both UG and PG programs together. B Com-MCom Integrated programs help students study all about Finance, Banking, Accounting, Insurance and International Business. B Com+MCom can be pursued individually.
B Com with ACCA: Course Details
- B Com with ACCA is a 3or4 years undergraduate program in Bachelor of Commerce with 6 ACCA exams integrated within the curriculum.
- Association of Chartered certified accountant Professional qualification can be finished with B Com+ACCA Integrated program since the curriculum is already integrated or embedded in the B Com syllabus.
- ACCA is an internationally recognized certification. Candidates studying B Com with ACCA get to study all the aspects essential for commerce and business, ranging from accounting, taxation, marketing, management, reporting, law, and government compliance along with regular B Com subjects.
- Top B Com Colleges in INDIA 2022 with Fees
- There are around 8,840 B Com colleges in INDIA, including private, government, and public/private.B Com colleges in India offer courses at UG and PG levels.
- The average fees range from INR 2-4 lakh. The standard remuneration stands between INR 3-4 lakh annually.